Let’s face it, with our busy lifestyles and bustling schedules, exercising and moving your body is probably the last thing running through your mind. Besides making you look and feel fantastic, it’s got some major health benefits - and we’re talking life changing.
Here are 5 reasons why you should be exercising. Take this into account next time you’re sprawled on the couch and need a boost of inspiration.
1. Exercising increases blood flow, which helps nourish skin cells and keeps them vital. In addition to that, blood flow also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals, which helps flush cellular debris out of the system. So by participating in physical activity, it revitalizes your skin from the inside.
2. It improves your heart condition: The American Heart association recommends being active for 30 minutes a day to improve overall cardiovascular health and moderate to vigorous aerobic activity 3 times a week to lower your risk of a heart attack and stroke.
3. Working up a good sweat is also beneficial for your skin, as it allows your pores to dilate, allowing the sweat to expel trapped dirt and oil. Just make sure to cleanse your face after your workout.
4. It can reduce risks of certain cancers- The National Cancer Institute points out that those who exercise are less likely to develop colon and breast cancer. There are also reports linked between physical activity and a reduce risk of cancers of the lung, prostate, and lining of the uterus.
5. Exercising doesn’t just make you FEEL younger and more energetic; it also makes you LOOK younger. As we age, fibroblasts (collagen-producing cells in the skin) decrease in number and the nutrients delivered to the skin during exercise help fibroblasts work more efficiently, making your skin look radiant and younger.
By Stephanie Turek