Red Scout assisted Parkson with the development of a customised 'Star Service' program to track training across all staff and stores in Malaysia.
Sales Increased 5%
Training costs reduced 20%
Quiz questions answered 950,000
Organisation compliance increased to 91%
Brand Value increased 0.05%
- Largest Department store group in Asia Pacific.
- Regional positioning with inconsistent service protocol across the stores.
- High numbers of staff that needed to be trained (5,000).
- High staff turnover (300%).
- Expansion of new stores across multiple countries.
- Inexperienced sales advisors to sell premium brands.
- Previous training was a 'face to face' briefing' upon staff induction.
- Challenged by cost effective training methods.
Consistent level of sales and service across all staff and stores.
Red Scout’s Involvement
- Developed customised learning platform to track training.
- Developed 7 modules of core customer service and sales training for all staff.
- Launch plan.
- Implementation/ Account Management.
- 10,000 Staff Trained
- 26,063 hours of training completed online (in 6 months)
= 78,189 hours of face to face training (1 hour of online = 3 hours of face-to-face)
To complete 78,189 hours of face to face training in 6 months you would need:
- 82 full time trainers to be training 8 hours per day for 6 months.
Parkson has 39 outlets all over Malaysia. Within its set-up which is geographically widespread… encompassed with its rapid growth and staff turnover, we needed a training programme that meets the 3 Cs – Consistency, Coverage and Cost-effectiveness.
… This is a very comprehensive programme; it can be done in-store, whereby it doesn’t incur any additional cost for additional time off.
It takes probably 3 full days for a face-to-face classroom training but in eLearning, it probably only takes 3hours. More so, we realise that in classroom training, the staff may remember about 10% of the content. Well, in eLearning, the staff has no limitations to revisit the course content to learn and practise.